View Single Post

August 29th, 2012, 20:38
Ressentiment (French pronunciation: [rəsɑ̃tiˈmɑ̃]), in philosophy and psychology, is one of the forms of resentment or hostility. It is the French word for "resentment" (fr. Latin intensive prefix 're', and 'sentir' "to feel"). Ressentiment is a sense of hostility directed at that which one identifies as the cause of one's frustration, that is, an assignment of blame for one's frustration. The sense of weakness or inferiority and perhaps jealousy in the face of the "cause" generates a rejecting/justifying value system, or morality, which attacks or denies the perceived source of one's frustration. The ego creates an enemy in order to insulate itself from culpability.
Jemy, it looks like you are the one with ressentiment. Going by this definition and your past statements we are left with your ego created enemies.

1. Catholics or just Christians in general if I may be so bold.
2. Uneducated people(however you have never given a definition just how much education one needs to escape this category) We just know from your past statements that you feel any degree over five years old is rendered useless by newer data.
3.Lower class people. Again, how do you define who or where these people are? Upward or downward mobility rarely happens in today's world but at least in the USA there is a bit of a chance of improving your situation or we wouldn't be flooded with immigrants.
4. Working class people duly noted again in this post. Saying people shouldn't feel they are ok unless they meet your criteria is hogwash by any argument.

I admit I don't know much about the Texas situation but as far as the Sharia law making people feel threatened, why wouldn't it? We Americans have a constitution, bill of rights, laws that we are all supposed to follow. We pay taxes. As far as I know, the only group outside these laws are American Indian tribes who are their own nation within our nation. Any other group does not have the right to come into our country and do what ever they please according to the laws of their old country if it is in conflict with our laws both state and federal.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch