View Single Post

August 29th, 2012, 23:10
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Jemy, it looks like you are the one with ressentiment.
A ressentiment builds a morality system against ones frustrations. Describing class culture based on social sciences is descriptive, not normative. I have no problem with a person who have limited education. I have problems with an on average poor education which I consider a bad situation, similar to high crimerate or poverty. I am concerned about the Dunning Kruger effect which is often a strong factor behind extreme groups and that's science, not ego.

I study political extremism with psychology. In a days work I deal with nationalists, communists, radical feminists, the male movement, race realists and various religious groups. I have no coherent definition of Christianity anymore. What I am interested in is what people see themselves as and how they interpret that label.

Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
I admit I don't know much about the Texas situation but as far as the Sharia law making people feel threatened, why wouldn't it? We Americans have a constitution, bill of rights, laws that we are all supposed to follow. We pay taxes. As far as I know, the only group outside these laws are American Indian tribes who are their own nation within our nation. Any other group does not have the right to come into our country and do what ever they please according to the laws of their old country if it is in conflict with our laws both state and federal.
It's easy; because the threat is non-existent. Sharia have no chance in US at this time. Extreme movements sow and reap fear, usually for a threat that doesn't exist.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM