View Single Post

August 31st, 2012, 11:43
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Despite your head in the clouds beliefs Ubs, Most Muslims DO want Sharia law to apply to everyone.; it's one of Islam's stated aims. Here, we've had one of their leaders claim that Sharia law will be the ruling law of Australia within a few years. That should scare everyone who is not a Muslim.
The average western muslim (and those are the ones who have any possibility on imposing Sharia laws upon westerners) does not want to force anyone to abide by Muslim laws and traditions. They want it to be possible for them to do so and for others who voluntarily choose to do so. Ideally they want everyone to volunteer, just like every Christian wants every non-Christian to convert, but they're not going to force anyone.

That Muslim leader claiming Sharia law will be the ruling law of Australia anytime soon has his head as much in the clouds as you claim mine is. That's just not going to happen, because there's far too few pepole supporting him. He's about as likely to get political power as the average neo-nazi leader. To quote JemyM, the threat is non-existent.

Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
If the crux of your argument is that a shelf of textbooks gives our good perfesser the ability to properly psychoanalyze someone that he's never even met, I'd say you're going a long way toward proving MY point.
And that you're so cock sure that he's got no way of being even near accurate proves mine.

Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
If these guys were serious about preventing the use of other forms of law over state…
I find the discussion on whether the founding fathers intended to implement proper separation between church and state to be rather pointless. Because the founding fathers didn't intend that women and blacks had the same rights as white men. And you have to look hard and long to find someone who agrees that we ought to withdraw the vote for non-whites and non-men.

(Ann Coulter entertains the thought of banning women from voting, but that's not because they're women but because women mostly vote Democtat, thus proving that they're idiots.)

That a constitution drafted for America anno 1787 is going to be a little outdated 230 years later isn't all that strange. Especially when those 230 years happen to have been the 230 most eventful years in the history of mankind. America looks almost nothing like it did back when you adopted your constitution. So instead of discussing how the founding fathers intended the constitution to be (and taking for granted that that's what's right and just, like Americans have a tendency to do), maybe you ought to instead discuss what would be best suited for the America of today?

Übereil

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

The Chaos Cascade

Ubereil

Keeper of the Watch