View Single Post

August 31st, 2012, 16:23
pibbur who (no) thanks to dart found one thing where he was wrong. And who remember one episode in 1980. BUT APART FROM THAT …..
I admit that I expected at least some of you would inquire about my mistake in 1980. Nobody did, so I guess you don't want to know this. No surprise then that I post the details here.

In 1980 I had my final exams in surgery at med school. For my oral test I got a patient suffering from prostatic cancer. The examiner asked my about surgical treatment for the disease, and of the side effects of the procedure. After elaborating on this for a while, the examiner interrupted me and said: "From where do you have this information". Which wasn't very encouraging, and it resulted in my lowest grade on any test during my 6 years of studying medicine. However, on my written test I got the best result of my class. I think the average of these two tests represented what I actually knew about surgery.

pibbur who got his best results in ophtalmology (diseases of the eye) and psychiatry, but who regrettably did not specialize in any of those subjects. Eye diseases were fun (admittedly not for the patients).

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13