View Single Post

September 1st, 2012, 02:46
To tell you the truth, the abortion stance doesn't scare me nearly as much as Romney laughing off global warming.

In 1981,President Reagan came to office with an agenda of strong American leadership, beginning with arestoration of our country’s military strength. The rest is history, written in the rubble of the Berlin Walland the Iron Curtain.
This view has always struck me as really weird. I would say the Soviet Union collapsed because communism just flat out doesn't work. People are simply too self-centered for a system like that to work. But what are the Republicans saying? All those demonstrations in the street were because the Russians were afraid of the USA?

OMG, here's a rich one, check THIS out on page 40!

Sequestration - which is severe, automatic, across-the-board cuts in defense spending over the next decade - of the nation’s military budget would be a disaster for national security, imperiling thesafety of our servicemen and women, accelerating the decline of our nation’s defense industrial base, and resulting in the layoff of more than 1 million skilled workers. Opposition to sequester is bipartisan; even the current Secretary of Defense has said the cuts will be “devastating” to America’s military. Yet the current President supported sequestration, signed it into law, and has threatened to veto Republican efforts to prevent it. If he allows an additional half trillion dollars to be cut from the defense budget, America will be left with the smallest ground force since 1940, the smallest number of ships since 1915, and the smallest Air Force in its history - at a time when our Nation faces a growing range of threats to our national security and a struggling economy that can ill afford to lose 1.5 million defense-related jobs.
What the Hades is THAT? So the fiscal cliff is now Obama's fault? Were talking about a statement 40 pages into a party platform. This isn't going to be read by people who weren't paying attention to the budget fiasco last year. So who do they think they're fooling? Do they actually BELIEVE this revisionist history?? It wasn't even a year ago!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?