View Single Post

September 5th, 2012, 15:27
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Well, my point was that since it is easy to crack I don't see any reason for Ubisoft to use it at all,
Yes, I see.

But I was trying to see it from a customer's point of view, someone who doesn't know about cracks (and honestly, I still don't know about them).

Besides, I'm currently reading through the interview … These two interviewed ones sound EXTREMELY cautious … In fact, they both sound as if there was an actual blade hanging over their heads. Or, in other words, as if they would be fired in an instant of they would use just ONE wrong word … That's unusual, to see such a pressure on PR people.

RPS: Whose confidentiality is being broken by publishing piracy rates?

Burk: It’s internally confidential meaning competitive, not necessarily that we’re breaking anyone’s confidentiality. It’s competitive information and therefore confidential.
This sounds like war. Don't let the enemy show any kind of weakness !

RPS: But do you understand how damaging it’s been to your argument to never actually say these numbers?

Perotti: Yes.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR