View Single Post

September 9th, 2012, 23:13
@turian: Thanks I really appreciate it!

@Fantasm: First off thanks for the kind words and the potential pledging. I don't want to scare away any backer so I'm gonna go into full detail here.

In regards to the money concern I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate any pledge you're willing to make. I'm currently asking for the bare minimum to get the game done with funds I've also stashed away. The initial amount allows me to work full time for a year as well as three additional people (1 musician, 1 coder and 1 artist). This doesn't mean my ultimate target goal is 25k, if you look at the stretch goals I'd like to get 100k+. That's not to say 25k means it will be a bad game, it's going to be badass and hopefully re-invirgorate the RPG and old school genre as I think the rehashed and reused systems are becoming a bit stale.

The first and foremost benefit is I am using a engine called Unity, which allows me to get a lot done in a very short amount of time. Everything you see done so far, is me working on Arakion in my spare time as a side project over a few months, so I'll just do the numbers out.

20 hours or so a week, over the course of 4 months. If the projects makes its initial amount the twenty hours becomes 80 hours (how much I currently work all together, I put in these hours because I'm passionate about what I do). So 4 months just became 1 month.

Achieved so far
12 characters finished (they will be animated after the Kickstarter as I'll be setting up a motion capture room)
Full base coding finished, although it still needs worked on (combat, town building, character development, etc…)
Four environment sets fully finished (forest, snow, dungeon, desert)
A couple hundred area objects finished (lamps, doors, keys, materials)
Full GDD finished
3 dungeons completely done
1 open area finished

Generically speaking lets add the three people at 40 hours a week that's 120 more hours to round out to about 200 hours a week. This essentially gives me 10x as much working power as I currently have.

So as you can see it's not unreasonable to finish a great game for the price I'm asking for, it would just be a shoestring budget, and I would work my ass off to get it done properly because I expect no less of myself and am willing to give you no less as a supporter.

If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask, I want to make you as comfortable as possible about your pledge.

Lavidimus

Watcher