View Single Post

September 11th, 2012, 21:14
"The Druid Of Shannarah" by Terry Brooks is the only book of which I can really say that it heavily influenced me in my own development of my own fantasy world/setting : Terry Brooks heavily influenced my look on Elementals. From him I have the idea of an Elemental Of Life.

The story, however, isn't something that interested me much, mainly because I read only this book - and it is isolated from the rest of this series. From nowadays I'd see it as if I had just taken a book from the "middle" of the Discworld books, or the middle book from LOTR, and that alone.

Which means that I can't say if i can recommnd it or not.

Right now I'm reading the (A)D&D novel "Wrath of the Blue Lady,", which entertains me quite a bit. I think I can recommend it, but please don't expect anything extraordinary : This is a good book. but not something special. I think it is worth its money nevertheless.

It is kind of isolated in my bookshelf as well since the only other (A)D&D-based book I currently own is the official "Pools Of Radiance 2 : Ruins Of Myth Drannor" novel.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR