View Single Post

September 13th, 2012, 11:38
Right. My taste has changed over the years as well.

But Thera Awakening and Momo like The Hobbit and LOTR are books I'll read at any age.

Imho - because they are timeless. And that's imho as well a sign of good survivability among genres.

They don't follow any trend or fashion. Not like games do.

Other books … well, I've recently read a TDE novel which can easily be summarized as a mixture between "Sex & Crime" + "The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly". I won't read it again. I prefer timeless tales.

Over the last few years my wish to read simple Reiseroman (difficult to translate it, because there doesn't seem to be a special English-language term expressing the same; it's a novel, but its contents solely consists of a person's experiences and discoveries during a Journey. English- language Wikipedia doesn't even have an own section for this specific genre after all; instead, they place it under the umbrella term of "travel literature" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_literature#Fiction ).
Because in my opinion, such a novel would be timeless as well, of carried out well. Perhps I'll write such a thing one day (when I've found out how to enure writing longer pieces, longer than Short stories).
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR