View Single Post

September 13th, 2012, 11:38
Right. My taste has changed over the years as well.

But Thera Awakening and Momo like The Hobbit and LOTR are books I'll read at any age.

Imho - because they are timeless. And that's imho as well a sign of good survivability among genres.

They don't follow any trend or fashion. Not like games do.

Other books … well, I've recently read a TDE novel which can easily be summarized as a mixture between "Sex & Crime" + "The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly". I won't read it again. I prefer timeless tales.

Over the last few years my wish to read simple Reiseroman (difficult to translate it, because there doesn't seem to be a special English-language term expressing the same; it's a novel, but its contents solely consists of a person's experiences and discoveries during a Journey. English- language Wikipedia doesn't even have an own section for this specific genre after all; instead, they place it under the umbrella term of "travel literature" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_literature#Fiction ).
Because in my opinion, such a novel would be timeless as well, of carried out well. Perhps I'll write such a thing one day (when I've found out how to enure writing longer pieces, longer than Short stories).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR