View Single Post

September 13th, 2012, 15:42
The Earthsea Trilogy is wonderful! I'm not a big fan of Robin Cook, but the books are okay. I can't remember is Guy Gavrial Kay was mentioned, but the Summer Tree series is a good read. Going older, The Book of Swords series by Fred Saberhagen is a very nice read with interesting mythology. There is a prequel of sorts, if you can find it called, Empire of the East iirc. Gary Gygax wrote a series of books following Gord the Rogue, which is cool for D&D enthusiasts. Terry Brooks has a series called Shanara, that is a direct rip off of Tolkien, but has a nice mythos of its own. Saberhagen wrote a wonderful series about a guy from high tech who lands on a world of magic. The books are all titled The Warlock…., I think the first is called The Warlock in Spite of himself, but you will want to read Escape Velocity first, as it sets the tone for the series.

For romance/fantasy I'll suggest The Blendings by Sharon Stone and The novels of the 12th House by Sharon Shinn.

Adventurous folks can find my thread about ebooks if you want a bunch of free e-novels to try. Smashwords is a great resource for free reading.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor