View Single Post

September 16th, 2012, 10:44
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Am I the only one that feels a little bit nickel&dimed by these stretch goals? I mean 300k dollars gets you a new race/companion/class? And then another 200k gets you another race/companion/class?

We all know its quite hard to estimate what a sum of money can ultimately get invested into and what value it will return, so I would've preferred them to give a lot more broad strokes in what more money invested in the projects gets you. Something like, we'll be adding a whole new region and we'll put in as much content as the budget allows.
I understand what you mean, it does sound a bit odd, but ultimately I don't think the goals are meant to precisely quantify the cost of each additional feature.

My guess is that considering how quickly they got funded, they are probably projecting somewhere in the range of several million dollars in total and simply needed to put together some short term stretch goals that would be fun for players and serve as sort of milestones for the funding.

Hopefully they will have some more exciting stuff as they exceed 2m and 3m, which seems very likely.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch