View Single Post

September 18th, 2012, 06:25
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Well that would be because that's not what anyone is saying. There is a difference between saying they could be more fully capitalizing on their success and what you appear to be interpreting from what has been said. Go ahead and shake your head and label constructive criticism as to how the campaign could do much better as "whining."

Also, are you sure you know what tempest in a teapot means? It might better describe your reaction to such criticism than the criticisms themselves.
tempest in a teapot - small event that has been exaggerated out of proportion

I'd say that claiming that Obsidian was running a poor Kickstarter campaign, not giving enough information, late with goals and details…
as compared to what, I would say other game Kickstarter campaigns which ran slower or same speed…
is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It's not constructive criticism. They are 3. Days. In. They had ART for their tiers of rewards on the first day, clearly showing what each tier gave. That's more than MANY campaigns offer - that is what the best campaigns do. Now they have stretch goals about a day after they reached their goal - maybe a little faster would have been better, but they were not at work on Sunday to do so and needed to have a meeting about what those goals could be. They didn't expect this. inXile didn't either, nor did Harebrained, nor did Double Fine.

Double Fine's first update was a week after they hit their goal.

My contention is that there's a lot of noise on the net to the point of (check the Obsidian forums if you don't believe me) people were claiming Obsidian was trying to pull a scam.

I shake my head because people sure like following the crowd.

Merin

'Author'