View Single Post

September 18th, 2012, 07:01
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Good update.

Personally, I'm a bit surprised they aren't more organised. I'd have thought they should (internally) been shooting for $3M and would have the updates queued and ready to roll. The science of major Kickstarters seems quite well established to me.

Gotta communicate faster, Obsidian.
I have to agree with this. What blew me away was all the tweets about them celebrating, and having to come up with stretch goals. They should have already had stretch goals before the project was even posted. Obsidian has already said they were expecting to get funded, so why weren't they already prepared for this? Like you said, this is no longer new territory. After what happened with Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, and even Planetary Annihilation, they should have known what to expect. People acting like it's something out of It's a Wonderful Life, made sense when the Doublefine thing happened since it really was uncharted, unexpected territory. Now the whole "wow are totally surprised and grateful" thing seems out of place. Enough ranting from me. Poorly organized campaign or not, I am glad things are continuing for them smoothly.

jwmeep

Watchdog