View Single Post

September 19th, 2012, 12:09
Originally Posted by Biff The Understudy View Post
Actually charisma works as intended in both bg1 and bg2.
In bg1 it affects several quest rewards and can mean the difference between getting a magical pair of boots and a reputation point or a few gold coins while in bg 2 it only affects store prices and the dispositon of a few characters.
Viconia for example wont romance someone below a certain charisma point.
The charisma check however is only performed on whatever character does the actual talking in bg 1 and store prices in bg 2 is determined by the party leader (not 100% if it is party leader or talk initiator in bg2).
There are also a few "dead zones" where you need to raise your charisma several points for the next tier bonus.
For example a charisma of 10 will give the same prices as a charisma of 12 but 13 will give a discount.
No, it doesn't work. The perfect example is the Robe of Vecna, which I buy every time I play the game, always for the same price. Start with a main character that has 3 Charisma. Get the Ring of Human Influence from the tent nearby (where you meet Aerie). The ring boosts Charisma to 18. Check the price both with the ring and without the ring. The Robe will always cost exactly the same, unless you improve your reputation. The lowest possible price is something like 15-16k gold, at 20 reputation, regardless of Charisma.

Maybe there's some sort of unofficial fix/patch that actually fixes Charisma, but it's certainly not included in any patches/mods that I use.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander