View Single Post

September 20th, 2012, 17:40
@Asdra

People tend to associate things based on what they've personally experienced - rather than what's historically appropriate.

So, while I'm sure there are people out there who might consider the Arcanum music historically representative of the Victorian era - I think most are simply talking about the atmosphere and the emotional connection. Especially because it's a fictional universe without a direct historical parallel.

Hopefully, people don't confuse atmosphere with history. I certainly hope I don't. For my part, I've never actually considered whether the Arcanum soundtrack was truly representative of the Victorian era. I've never had a reason to, until now

So, we might be underestimating each other

In any case, I guess it's the sort of thing you care about if you have a specific interest in history and music. Personally, I gave up expecting entertainment to be my history teacher a long, long time ago.

Maybe if the game was supposed to be a plausible representation of a specific period of history, I might be more inclined to understand your confusion.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential