View Single Post

September 21st, 2012, 18:06
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well, another reason can be adherence to tradition; historical (and fictional) Wizards aren't known for their heavy battle armor. But as long as the magic system doesn't actually require subtle limb movements or prohibit contact with iron, then sure, why not? On the other hand, I seem to recall that guns were the reason soldiers eventually did away with metal armor.
i would think opportunity cost is what did away with armor. the resources to build metal armor would be more profitable for a war machine when put into guns and cannon. though curiasser's still wore metal armor effectively i believe.

i would think a mage couldn't wear metal armor due to magnetism and most "magic" forces would seem to be hindered by metal. though i suppose making exceptions with a certain metal type actually being a focus for a certain magic school would make some sense. also the amonimity of not being a warrior, which would fit all but a battle mage/holy warrior whatever, would make sense wearing a robe or other clothes. whatever the world setting magic is sure to be unpopular with some people and a warriors garb i would think would stand out more than other garb.

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license