View Single Post

September 21st, 2012, 23:25
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
We already have powered exoskeletons. There is a full body exoskeleton which is used for load-lifting and a lower-body exoskeleton used for movement-load assistance in the field. The first is actually in-use in some manufacturing evironments as a civilian version and a more advanced military version is in the works. The second is I believe still in prototype. There are a few other models out there which are equally impressive at the very least and what is shown here is only what is declassified.

I'd say it would be more likely that armored exoskeletons would appear - at least as proof of concept models - a great deal sooner than that. The power systems to make them feasible for long term field deployment could also be far closer than you might think. They can already produce exoskeletons capable of assisting a soldier carrying a heavy pack and full kit (as well as its own weight) so an exoskeleton that caries an articulated armor as well probably isn't all that far off.
Looks good but still a long way off for complete full body power armor. The laser will take a while to since right now it only fits on a destroyer military ship.

Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature…&v=awsQs4ct0c4

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team