View Single Post

September 27th, 2012, 13:46
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Not overly ecstatic with this stretch goal. Sure, there's people who enjoy turning their game into a chore, but I'd like to think that it's a niche group. And, for the record, "Path of the Damned" sounds nothing like a successor to ID's Heart of Fury mode. From what I recall, that was reserved for a second playthrough of the game; in this case, it's just a way to further pound your party into goo on the first run.

Give us more content, damnit, not a bunch of add-on party favors like companions and difficulty settings. Give me a lineup of abilities and spells to rival D&D's. Give me dungeons galore. Give me a richer backstory to the world, and ways to explore this lore.

All these updates just sound so shallow to me…too technical, not enough development of the main theme.
But then you run the risk of 'box bullet points', where games used to list bullet points of what they had in the back of the box… "4 races! 6 classes! 120 weapons! 60 monsters! 20 dungeons!" but then you get the game and it means nothing, races are just skins, classes are just different stat sets, weapons same thing, monsters that are the same with a few different colored pixels, copy/paste dungeons, etc.
I'd say they should just leave it as it is. After all, gotta leave something for the sequels! or you'll end up adding a panda race.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is