View Single Post

October 5th, 2012, 04:23
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Almost every Kickstarter seems way too optimistic (when it comes to development time). I'm guessing most of the bigger projects will take at least 6 more months than their official "estimate".

Just take that BG Enhanced Edition "mod" as an example, its not even an entirely new game..
This is pretty much what I was thinking and set my own expectations accordingly. I have 5 kickstarters due in next 2 months and another in January and I really dont expect much in terms of actual delivery for any of them for another 6 months. I may have missed updates for them setting new delivery dates but this is based on the original date provided which is what we are sort of discussing.

Xenonauts does not look ready at all to me after playing last beta; its looking good but not release quality by any means and I see several more months before they can really release. Double Fine was scheduled for this month originally as well. Banner Saga may or may not come in November I dont know but not holding my breath at this time. I totally will be surprised if Shadowrun makes January. The final one got a new release date of January from November but at least we were given some advanced warning on it and looks really close to making that date.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor