View Single Post

October 5th, 2012, 20:52
Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
Oh, that explains why it was so "good" doesn't it?.
Not sure if that's the reason, but most of us around here actually do agree that Wizardry 8 was pretty good.

You do realize that Wizardry 8 was done by the company that did Jagged Alliance, and not by Sirtech, right? Because, Sirtech kinda went out of business… possibly because instead of doing Wizardry 8 in the early 1990s, they decided to not make RPGs anymore and instead invested in doing stupid games for non-gamers, such as I mentioned earlier, and becoming a publishing house for other development companies such as the makers of Jagged Alliance. Anyway, I'm not surprised Ian Currie's crew gave Brenda some sweet billing, since she was their only claim on the Wizardry franchise. Doesn't change the fact that Brenda went to them as a refugee after Sirtech crashed and burned, largely because of her, in my own estimation.
Cool..

You ask because you want to dismiss my 25 years of being an observer of the industry and its workings in favor of your 5 years of being a moron in this web forum.
I ask because you're acting like you were actually there in the studio while it was being developed. I fully expected your usual troll-like response though.

I'm invested in making sure people who don't know Brenda Garno and her history with the RPG genre know who she is and what she's done, because I don't want to see her do it again on a new batch of clueless. But you're the big Deus Ex/Warren Spector fanboy aren't you? Everyone who is unhappy with the quality of RPGs in recent years should be looking at you. As for me, I hardly play them anymore. The only ones I enjoy at all are Bethesda's, which is a shame because I used to hate the Elder Scrolls games. Back in the old days, when other RPGs had charm, depth and complexity that Bethesda's titles lacked.
I'm sure we all appreciate that you're here to champion the cause of crpg hardcoreness.

JDR13

SasqWatch