View Single Post

October 5th, 2012, 21:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Of course certain things carried over, it was a sequel after all. Personally, I don't feel that Wiz 7 and 8 were really that similar apart from the basic mechanics, but a lot of people who played Wiz 7 when it was new have a strong sense of nostalgia with that game. Wiz 7 was just dated and clunky to me, but I'd probably feel different if I hadn't played Wiz 8 first.
That may be true, but my point here is, that one of the developers of the proposed as yet untitled game was the writer and designer of a classic game, Wiz 8, whose writing and design were to some degree, perhaps a large degree, not her own. Why does that matter? Because the proposed game has been described to be more of a Wizardry than an Anachronox. The main selling point, and one of the few selling points, of the proposed game is that the developers were directly responsible for those classic games they mention throughout their pitch, so we can trust them to make a new one that is similar. You can surely see why a reasonable person might not be convinced.

oasis789

who watches