View Single Post

October 5th, 2012, 22:33
Originally Posted by oasis789 View Post
That is exactly what I am saying. Yes, her work as a creative writer (story, dialogue etc as she was credited) should be discounted. Not because it was a sequel per se, but because it was heavily derivative of someone else's work, and not an improvement on it.
That's your own subjective opinion about Wiz 8. You've made it obvious that you feel Wiz 8 is inferior to previous Wizardy titles, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but not everyone feels the same way. I'm personally glad that D.W. Bradley decided not to be a part of Wiz 8 because most of what he's done since Wiz 7 has been mediocre. I feel it was actually a better game without him, but that's just speculation of course.

Originally Posted by oasis789 View Post
Look, it seems reasonable that if someone claims that they are going to write an epic, grand narrative that spans space and time, that this claim can be evaluated on whether or not she actually wrote one before.
I can agree with that. Not sure why you're acting like she didn't write it though.

*Edit* To clarify, I'm referring specifically to Wiz 8, not the entire Dark Savant trilogy or the lore. Yes, the overarching storyline was already in place, but she still wrote the game.
Last edited by JDR13; October 5th, 2012 at 22:50.

JDR13

SasqWatch