View Single Post

October 6th, 2012, 00:23
darkling: During it, I played Ultima 7 and 8, World of Xeen, Lands of Lore, Dark Sun. Those silly Ravenloft games and that Menzoberranzan one. Elder Scrolls: Arena! Realms of Arkania.

Ultima 7 came out in 1992, same year (give or take a few months) as Might & Magic III, Betrayal at Krondor, Wizardry 7, Ultima Underworld, Eye of the Beholder II, Magic Candle II, and a host of other RPGs that I'm forgetting, I'm sure. The drought started in 1993, and ended in 1998/1999 with the release of Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 & 2, Might & Magic 6….

Ultima 8…. you liked that? Arcade Avatar?

The Ravenloft games? Menzoberannerannneran? I actually did save game editers for those, but they were pretty "blah" weren't they?

Arena… and you forgot Daggerfall… yes, some people did enjoy those two games. But I didn't.

You forgot the highly forgettable Stonekeep as well, didn't you?

Realms of Arkania…. not bad… but not exactly an instant classic, was it?

Oh, and you forgot Diablo as well, any reason for that?

In 1992 alone there were more RPGs released, and they were better ones, than in the subsequent 5 years. combined. Why do I have to argue with you about this? It's history, not something I made up, and if you were a gamer back then you know it.

CraigCWB

Sentinel