View Single Post

October 7th, 2012, 12:34
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
What I fear is what's called a "self-fulfilling prophecy". Like someone says, singleplayer games are dying. And thus doesn't produce them anymore. And, because they aren't produced anymore, they are indeed dying Especially if "the industry" follows what they consider "a leader" like sheep
This. The market isn't rational. It's not based on need or what people want but the beliefs of people that have the power to get their opinions heard, yet these individuals have as whimsy and subjective relation to reality as the rest.

Although it's impossible for them to kill the need of singleplayer games since it's against human nature. The sentiment that games is a social interaction and the sentiment that games are for individual challenge or recreational purpose will continue to exist for as long as there are human beings on the planet.

A large quantity of gamers are introverts who prefer a rich inner experience to a continuous exposition of other people. Other people simply interfere with or disturbs this experience and become stressful distractions. Introverts in psychology are considered to have a low excitement threshold which lead them to be easily overwhelmed by stimuli. Without peaceful silence or the choice to be for yourself once in awhile they are victims of continuous stress and a continuous peak of excitement that becomes "too much".

A large quantity of business people are extroverts who prefer a continuous interaction with other people. Without access to other people they will not feel as intrigued as they could have been as there isn't much point for them to do something on your own. Extravert's in psychology are considered to have a high excitement threshold. They require stronger stimuli to get excited and shut down if they are in a too silent environment or aren't able to interact with other people. Social interactions is a very important source for excitement.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM