View Single Post

October 8th, 2012, 16:50
Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion View Post
Glad to see there's at least a few places left on the Internet where good old classic High Fantasy is appreciated. Everywhere I go, people now seem to regard it with nothing less than bile-spewing disgust… (though I do like dark fantasy as well)

I wish that Rock Paper Shotgun guy would stop harping on about "innovation" and Kickstarter's "dangerous" use of nostalgia. It's such nonsense.
Yeah. Innovation is a bit of a fashion word, to me alot of times it's just a nicer way of saying "dumbed down". And what's wrong with nostalgia? Sure I like that they're making something new, and starting an original IP. But would anyone complain if they said they were doing Baldurs Gate 3 or Planescape 2? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't necessarily need NEW, I just want MORE of what I love.

As for the setting, I'm absolutely fine with High Fantasy, although I like the "Arcanumish" twist. I would also have been fine with Cyberpunk, Sci-Fi, Technofantasy and several others. As long as it's good, I don't care where (or when) it's at.
Last edited by tomasp3n; October 8th, 2012 at 21:00.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?