View Single Post

October 8th, 2012, 20:54
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
^ Yup, a lot of people are already tapped out… How many people can keep throwing $250+ pledges at every big name project? Future "old school" RPG projects might be better served waiting for the first wave of prior projects to show demonstrable progress and/or be near completion. At this rate there could very well be high dollar donor fatigue going forward, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in for $250 yet again(WL2 previously)… But at this point it would take a miraculous dream team stacked campaign to squeeze another $250 out of me.

Anyhoo, I'm guessing $3 to $3.3 million for a final total.
Wow, I'm amazed by you dedication (or your yearly income is just a lot higher than mine. ) I tend to not go into the upper tiers. Sure, if I wanted to back just one game that's what I would do. But so far I've backed SR2, PE, The banner Saga, WL2, Dead State, Expedition:Conquistador AND Xenonauts. I tend to pay the minimum that gets me a digital copy on interesting projects, and some more on the ones I really really want to succeed (so far PE, WL2, Dead State, Shadowrun and E:C. Oh wait, that's actually more than minimum on most of them. Oops).

On the other hand, if only one or two of those delivers like I hope, it will be well worth the couple of hundred $ I've pledged on Kickstarter.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?