View Single Post

October 10th, 2012, 14:24
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
How is the hardest difficulty setting? Can you try it?
I could try it tonight, once I get back from work.

edit:

I redit the tutorial on Very Hard and resorted to kill almost all the guards. They are a lot more aware. One well placed gun shot is enough to kill though, still take about 2-3 swords slice for melee as well, but they hit much more harder.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
The setting sounds pretty cool.

About the upgrades though: the coin thing sounds kind of weird. Do you have to go somewhere to get them done, or do they just instantly happen from an upgrade screen? Can you upgrade during a mission? I'm curious how (un)realistic that aspect is.
You have to talk to a guy in the "home base". He makes all your gear and can upgrade them (and you can purchase more ammo, grenades and traps from him too, with the same coins). When I said it was like XP, it's because there is a set number of "coins" per mission (you have to find or loot them) and you use them to get upgrades. The mission "log" is similar to the one from Alpha Protocol.

There is also items that turn into coins right away when you loot them as well. That is a bit unrealistic to me, but I actually didn't realize it, until I didn't see any of that stuff in my inventory.
Last edited by azarhal; October 11th, 2012 at 01:30.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor