View Single Post

October 10th, 2012, 19:41
Got a chance to play about an hour of this. I started on normal difficulty and that was a mistake. When I return to it I will start over and play on hard.

On normal you can pretty much sneak right up behind guards with no effort even with other guards in the room you can sneak in kill 1 and sneak out and no one will notice. Also they will ignore the dead body. If you do alert them you can just hide behind something and they will assume they are just hearing things and will not look for you.

The gameplay is good and feels right as far as keyboard and mouse controls. Although I did have to switch my mouse attacks as it had the right button for the left hand and vice versa. Just like skyrim. Also wish there was a third person view but that's just personal preference. The first area is pretty linear ( tutorial basically) and you don't get any good powers yet so I can't comment on that.

The premise of the story seems solid and seems like it could go in many directions.

Overall these are very early impressions but I played an hour of XCOM as well and enjoyed it more and will probably go back to it before dishonored but like I said its just 1 hour take it for what it's worth. If you do pick it up though I'd say don't waste time with normal difficulty.

sakichop

SasqWatch