View Single Post

October 11th, 2012, 22:47
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
Has anyone here played these? The reviews are not very good so I wondered what others thought of it.

It seems strange that the bundle that includes both GoT Genesis and the GoT RPG is cheaper than the RPG alone.
I played it recently and liked it as well. But it is important to know what you are getting and especially what you are not getting.

It is a story driven game with lots of dialogues and you alternatively play with two predefined characters. Some people don't like it if they have a predefined character forced upon them but the advantage is that the developers can then design a better story involving that character and that is exactly what GoT does very well. I liked the story very much, especially the ending whose twist, which I admit, didn't see coming.

Have in mind that this is not an open world RPG and do not expect a high budget AAA game.

As already stated above, the combat is RTwP and I enjoyed its tactical aspects. To me, it felt like a mix between DA:O and KotOR. I do advise you to play on hard difficulty in order to benefit from the tactical aspects forcing you to use your skills wisely. A very good thing about the combat is that there is no grinding nor respawn, so you won't be wasting any precious life time .

Simply put, the two main ingredients of this RPG are:
1. Story with lots of NPC interactions through dialogue
2. Combat scenarios

Any specifics you want to know? Just ask.
Last edited by Asdraguuhl; October 12th, 2012 at 00:21.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel