View Single Post

October 13th, 2012, 18:20
Camp button added that brings you out of the display and into a new screen. For the time being its my showing playtesting map.

Good fun. Originally I couldn't get it to come back - it kept restarting the game. A little research found I could could save the save and restore the settings in case the Activity crashed wish is what I thought it was doing. It didn't work so further research suggested I should force it with the "finish()" command. A little more research found people complaining the back button can escape out of the activity (like it was a browser) into the previous one and that's when they should use finish().

So here's what happened: I was actually starting new instances of the game. All I had to do was call finish() on the back button to return to the game.

In the meantime I have a function that future proofs against crashes and I also got device rotations to not restart the game which is how Google designed it bey default - that is, now you can keep playing the game if you switch orientation.

This is a significant addition because now combat screens can be done in earnest. I've also learned I'll have to prevent players from cheating by hitting the back button.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Last edited by Lucky Day; October 13th, 2012 at 18:36.

Lucky Day

Daywatch