View Single Post

October 13th, 2012, 18:20
Camp button added that brings you out of the display and into a new screen. For the time being its my showing playtesting map.

Good fun. Originally I couldn't get it to come back - it kept restarting the game. A little research found I could could save the save and restore the settings in case the Activity crashed wish is what I thought it was doing. It didn't work so further research suggested I should force it with the "finish()" command. A little more research found people complaining the back button can escape out of the activity (like it was a browser) into the previous one and that's when they should use finish().

So here's what happened: I was actually starting new instances of the game. All I had to do was call finish() on the back button to return to the game.

In the meantime I have a function that future proofs against crashes and I also got device rotations to not restart the game which is how Google designed it bey default - that is, now you can keep playing the game if you switch orientation.

This is a significant addition because now combat screens can be done in earnest. I've also learned I'll have to prevent players from cheating by hitting the back button.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Last edited by Lucky Day; October 13th, 2012 at 18:36.

Lucky Day

Daywatch