View Single Post

October 19th, 2012, 19:24
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
…I am only interested in the SP campaign "Squadron 42". However, to my knowledge, nothing substantial is known yet about this off-line campaign and I have thus no reason to assume they will provide a well executed Wing Commander experience with the same scope.
Well we know a little bit. The offline and online-games are the same form what I gather from it and Squadron 42 is the first thing they want to work on going by the stretch goals explanations.

From the the official website (link in my previous post):

The project also includes Squadron 42, a single player campaign that takes place within the Star Citizen universe. Able to be played off-line or with friends, you essentially sign up to fly for the UEE fleet, manning the front lines, protecting settlements from Vanduul warbands. If you prove yourself, you might get asked to join the legendary 42nd Squadron. Set up like the French Foreign Legion, they can always be found in the toughest war zones and always manage to come out on top. Once you complete your tour however, you re-enter the persistent Star Citizen universe with some money in your pocket and Citizenship to find your way.

The great thing about this is that you don’t have to do Squadron 42.
“The single-player military campaign sits inside this open world architecture in a holistic fashion.”

You can basically decide that you’re going to be a merchant or pirate and never join the military. Having that choice for the player is fantastic. What we’re talking about here is a combination of everything that made Wing Commander great along with everything that made Privateer great. The single-player military campaign sits inside this open world architecture in a holistic fashion.

While you will probably spend a majority of time in the cockpit there will be first-person mechanics built into the game. When you are flying on some of the bigger ships (transports, carriers, etc.), you will be able to wander the halls of the ship while a friend pilots, jump on a turret if you get attacked, even repel attempted boarders if needed.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor