View Single Post

October 23rd, 2012, 14:52
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Killing a billion kobolds for the umpteenth time is neither challenging nor entertaining.
Hmm, did you play the same game I did? Because obviously my experience of the Firewine Ruins dungeon was different to yours. Fire arrow wielding and merrily yipping kobolds were much more challenging than you give them credit for, methinks. Walking through that dungeon often required careful planning…and it was plenty fun.

I rather enjoyed the exploration and experience of "removing the black" in BG1 and found it neither tedious or slow. I really don't understand the idea behind speeding up such a game or combat style; as for me it was definitely fast enough being what it is (real time with pause.)

I hope Project Eternity brings back that thrill of isometric exploration by incorporating more unique encounters and by taking a page out of FNV by offering a variety of role-playing opportunities through dialogue rather than following the traditional BG style of dialogue. For me, seeking out these interesting encounters incentivises exploration and when coupled with strong writing, really makes it immersing.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards