View Single Post

October 27th, 2012, 09:38
Originally Posted by human_male View Post
I play on the 360 and I just can't get over how bad the graphics are. I was wondering if I had somehow set it up incorrectly, or the TV has to be set up in a particular way. I just can't believe this is how it's supposed to look. There's no AA so there is terrible jaggies on everything and you have to see the character models to believe how bad some of them are. Then there's the dialog animations and the combat. I mean oh man. I loved Gothic one and two, quite liked Gothic 3 and Risen and I wanted to like this. I bought it despite the bad reviews because I had to play it myself to see, but so far I think it's terrible, although I haven't been playing long and I will give it a good go but I can't see myself getting into it.
That's why I would never buy a game like Risen 2 for consoles. The PC version looks *much* better assuming you have a PC powerful enough to run it on high settings.

The Xbox 360 is nearly 7 years old now. Any recent cross-platform game is going to look superior on the PC. Plus Risen 2 was developed for PC first.

JDR13

SasqWatch