View Single Post

October 29th, 2012, 09:07
gozioso said:
I'm quite happy with the automapping, fast travel, quest markers and other conveniences that make a game a game. I play games to get away from work. Wizardry 8 was a huge step in the right direction for me. Your mileage may vary…
Grimoire features automapping. I don't know about fast travel (-> this can be solved old school like with teleporting spells on higher character levels).
And I absolute hate quest markers - this kills exploration and discovery.

If you want to play a game like this then play Skyrim or Borderlands - they are really great.
But old school hardcore gaming has a right to exist, too. If hardcore game principles are not your cup of tea just ignore hardcore games.

Cleve hates Wizardry 8, because his Wizardry 8 (Stones of Arnhem) had another vision and was canceled by Sirtech. I think he is/was deeply dissapointed by Sirtech's decision.
Wizardry 8 is a real good game by all means.

P.S.:
Let's discuss only game features of Grimoire in this thread and NOT Cleve's character, political views and rants. This would be another thread in the category Politics & Religion.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor