View Single Post

October 29th, 2012, 18:41
Just stumbled across this Gamesbeat interview of the consulting firm (Thwacke) via NMA. I think it should help to calm a lot of the naysayers.

GamesBeat: What are some “bad” examples or misrepresentation of science in video games? Do you think these examples pose some sort of danger for the audience since they’re not given an accurate portrayal of these scientific concepts?

Alvarado: It’s not so much of a danger as it is a factor that can make the game dull and forgettable. While I don’t explicitly pick on developers who don’t incorporate science into their games, I can say that those who do stand apart from all the rest. This is not just due to the science but also in their execution in delivering a deep experience through their product.

Furthermore, gamers are smart, and they can easily spot plot holes in science fiction. We do our best to pick out oversights in scripts and edit them to create a more cohesive in-game experience. Doing this early in development saves face, time, and money in the long run.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/26/th…sXHsHfVxvAT.99
To reiterate, it sounds like a fine investment of KS funds to me.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien