Buying from tainted sources?
View Single Post
October 30th, 2012, 14:03
The "tainted sources" because a problem - for most Linux dev a non-problem, I got this impression) several years ago when it turned out that the developer of a new file system had been sentenced by a court because of I think it was sexual abuse.
The "techies" among them held the position, then, that a man's work should be differenciated from his personal deeds.
At that point I became sick upon this "philosophy" and decided not to follow this discussion anymore.
We have similar problems even today :
- What about Monsanto pressing farmers into buying THEIR grains and nothing else ? And grans that damage the soil and are so … that they can only survive with the help of Monsantos fertilizers ?
- What about rare materials dug out under inhuman conditions in Africa and in South America, for example, but still they are used in cell phones and other similar devices ?
- What about the
- What about raid diggers ? - This is the German term, the English Wikipedia entry used the Euphemism "Treasure Hunting". Items are stolen from - for example - the depths of Mayan Jungle, sold to Museums everywhere in the world, get labelled "unknown provinience", and the raid diggers are happy with a hefty sum of money !
- What about stolen cell phones ? It has become seemingly kind of a fashion among robbers here to steal cell phones, sell them to used cell phone shops - and be happy with a good sum of money ! - I wouldn't buy from there !
- What about scientific studies paid by e.g. pharmaceutical companies ? Which are suppressing negative results because they don't want them to be known ?
- And why are so many people deciding to just not follow their sense of conscience but instead to give in and take from "tainted sources" no matter what ?
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist,
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Alrik Fassbauer
Visit Alrik Fassbauer's homepage!
Find More Posts by Alrik Fassbauer