View Single Post

November 5th, 2012, 22:22
I'm a console gamer, so I know nothing of mods. But if I were you, I would play Morrowind and it's expansions without any mods. It might look a little dated, but at least you would be playing it the way the developers intended. And to me, the game still looks great. A little dated, but I still really like how it looks.

If you simply must use mods, I would probably find a mod that updates the graphics/textures. Morrowind Overhaul Mod 3.0 or whatever it is, might be exactly what you're looking for. It overhauls the graphics and sound. But I wouldn't mess with gameplay mods. Would change the game too much for my liking. And I can't really think of any gameplay that needs to be modded.

But when you do play (I'm assuming this is your first time), make sure to take a weapon skill as one of your major or minor skills. You definitely don't want your weapon skills to be in the single digits to start the game. You will never hit anything.

Just be patient with the game and enjoy it for what it is. It's a great one.

Oh, and Bloodmoon is for high level characters, so beware. This isn't Oblivion where the game scales with your level. Bloodmoon is rough on low level characters. You'll never make it very far unless you're level 30 or higher. Tribunal is also wicked for low level characters, at least if you are trying to move in the dungeons. So take your time and explore the main area of the game until you're sufficient level to tackle the expansions.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team