View Single Post

November 6th, 2012, 01:50
I'm with Couchpotato on this one. I think my first post in this subforum was even on that subject! I'm getting more than a little tired of the electoral college changing my vote every four years.

If CA, TX, NY, and FL can actually team up on anything, I'll be shocked. What DOES worry me is that states with consistent 'swing' status get their local issues magnified way out of proportion. Look at our relations with Cuba, for instance. I bet our relations with them would be a lot more reasonable now if Florida was solidly Democratic or Republican.

The president represents the people of the USA. Each person gets one vote. Let the senate protect us from big states ganging up on little states.

I must admit, it won't be as fun, though. A big population like the whole USA is much more likely to "pick a winner" a month before the actual vote. But we need a good government, not a good spectacle.

If we get an electoral reversal so soon after Gore's defeat, maybe we can actually get both sides on the side of making this change.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?