View Single Post

November 6th, 2012, 14:33
I think it's the last chance to see a new Braben's Elite. As being an Elite fan I had no chance but to back it.

We haven't get much details about the game and how it will be played. However Braben already stated :
The underlying network technology to support the multi-player version of the game is almost done and stress tests are being carried out to ensure it can support large numbers of players. A single player version will also be available.
The Multiplayer part won't be an MMO, from what I understand in KS page:
Multiplayer: you will be able to control who else you might encounter in your game perhaps limit it to just your friends? Cooperate on adventures or chase your friends down to get that booty. The game will work in a seamless, lobby-less way, with the ability to rendezvous with friends as you choose. This technology is already working, using a combination of peer-to-peer (to reduce lag) and server connections.
That's basically what I wanted for Elite. Games like the Evochron series, have already explored and extended original Elite. But it can be improved, and that's what I'm expecting from a Braben's version.

Von Paulus

Sentinel