View Single Post

November 6th, 2012, 16:56
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
To me, this "exclusivity" thing appears to be an american phenomenon.
I really don't know it from Germany, for example. Exclusive items really aren't that common here (as uncommon as the credit card, by the way). Exclusives just aren't there.

So, from my perspective, I really don't quite undetstand all of this "exclusivity" thing. Really. What kind of use does it have ? I really can't understand.
That's the exact point I was hoping to reach.

I like to investigate other cultures and their differences. Here in my country this exclusivity thing has no impact at all too.

I was wondering why some people stay for weeks on a line to be the first to experience the new apple first hand, the new ipod, nintendo wii u, windows 8 etc.

Interestingly (for example, with new games or operating systems), these behaviors baffle me even more because these applications always need a good time before they mature and get to a good working versions with fixes and patches.

I wanted to know if this is a country specific phenomenon (and if so, why?). Additionally, I wanted to discover if the complaining about the game or DLC or whatever launching exclusively for one platform (for a limited time) was a derived behavior from that phenomenon. I can understand being mad about the not releasing on your platform of choice, but this case is just a temporary exclusive window.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire