View Single Post

November 6th, 2012, 21:39
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Oh, if I want something, I'll gladly buy itů.but if you offend me, if your sales concept is so inept that you'll drive off a very loyal PC user, you risk losing me for life. I'll take my money elsewhere, and hell, even if you give it away for free later, I'll NEVER play the damn thing simply on general principle alone. The PC should always be at least on even ground, if not outright first. I think these console companies often forget where they'd be without PC's in the first place.

-Carn
In the case of Skyrim, I don't think Bethesda is ignoring PC users - certainly they have invested quite a lot into supporting mod authors.

There is simply no big electronics conglomerate with a stake in PC gaming willing to invest in the kinds of co-op advertising that Microsoft is willing to do, or invest in financing PC exclusive games the way Sony does with the PS3.

If Razr, Nvidia or some PC manufacturer was willing to support PC gaming this way, we might see some PC exclusive windows, etc., but it's never going to happen.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch