View Single Post

November 8th, 2012, 09:13
A lot of people just don't get what a kick in the teeth it is after pouring your soul into your work, having someone else put his dirty fingers in and mix things up in ways that you never intended, that disregard the messages you wanted to convey (or sometimes even worse- that they succeed at conveying them more efficiently than you, leaving you feeling incompetent) and then be expected to congratulate them, bless them and be grateful too because your gained some popularity or money, not because of what you achieved, but because of what someone else did to your work. There's nothing wrong in taking pride in your work and it makes perfect sense not liking seeing it being altered in any way. Unless of course you're only interested in personal gain.

I liked the first game a lot - in fact I liked it more than the books of his I've managed to read - but he is absolutely right in wanting to distance himself from it. In fact I think he was rather diplomatic about it and 'free adaptation' sounds spot-on to me.

And I couldn't agree more with this by the way:
the idea to write 'adjuvant content' and create something 'complementary' to a game or a comic is an absolute pinnacle of idiocy.

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)

holeraw

V.G.A.