View Single Post

November 8th, 2012, 09:22
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
While I can certainly see that sometimes this is just used in a hype and marketing machine, I find the potential in mixing and juxtaposing different kind of media has a huge creative potential, and games in particular are in a great (though woefully underused) position to take advantage of that.
Or he might have figured out that mixing up a medium that is extremelly weak at delivering scripted narrated content with the medium of reference is just a waste of time: he will only obtain performing inferiorly to the book medium.

Actually, these mixings happen to hide the lack of creativity. The creativity should come not from the content but from the container. Unfortunately, the container is weaker than any of its components.

Scripted narrated content is better delivered in books.
Non scripted narrated content (which does not involve a professional author) is better delivered in books.

But I understand that the necessity of making a living and providing a pretention to novelty is a big pressure.

Today, it is just much of the same soup served in different bowls, which are not even new but a mixing of older containers.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch