View Single Post

November 9th, 2012, 01:04
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
Interesting approach to the review, after all players with different interests will enjoy different aspects of a game

However, seems a bit odd they don't consider role players to be a significant subset of people who play role playing games.
Hey CountChocula!

I'd first like to thank you for your feedback. Our team more than welcomes it. As our system is still new, there are bound to be omissions at this early stage and changes we'll make as we evolve the system.

In the case of Role Players, our pannel did discuss it. Our initial thought was that so many games require you to play the role of another character or as yourself. Hence, most gamers would essentially be role players.

We instead chose to focus on the psychology and tendencies of gamers that would include folks that enjoy Role Playing games. I agreed with the stance at this stage. Keep in mind that I am also a HUGE RPG fan and definitely did not intend to leave anyone out.

If you have any further thoughts or counter-points to our stance, I would love to hear them.

Thanks again for checking out our review!

B

BChambers

Traveler