View Single Post

November 10th, 2012, 23:51
.. pibbur's going to the US again. By the end of November. Chicago. And somewhere else.

Purpose: attend a conference (RSNA - no, I won't explain it - evil grin) and visit vendors and hospitals in order to better be able to choose a Vendor Neutral Archive solution for every image taken at the 10 hospitals in our health region: ultrasound (outside the radiology departments), endoscopy, tissue samples, images of the retina, skin lesions, you name it (except radiology - we already have PACS for that)

Today these images are (except for radiology) stored here and there, become deleted due to insufficient local storage capacity, and in general are not very accessible. We want a viewer that can show'em all. With all the necessary bells and whistles (aka tools). We've seen a couple of presentation, and we have a fairly good image(!) of what we want - after all we purchased Pacs 12 years ago, and I had a lot to do with that.

What I really like about this is that I in addition to my informatics degree also will have some, not too much, use for my good ol' doctor education. Without having to see any patients, yay, don't even remember what they look like anymore,

pibbur who thinks it''s safe to go to the US now, after Obama won the election. But who still is a bit worried about is january expedition to Phoenix. And who claims that the most important result of having a degree in informatics as well as med school is that he knows twice as many acronyms.

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!AW!ML!uC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++
Last edited by pibbur who; November 11th, 2012 at 00:02.

pibbur who

Number 13