View Single Post

November 11th, 2012, 11:14
Originally Posted by xep624 View Post
I used to look at Kickstarter as an investment platform for games until I read to your pledges are donations and the recipient of aforementioned donation IS NOT OBLIGED to fulfill his promise - "by law" they don't have to deliver the game or any other final product they promised. Your pledges are non-refundable.
WEll according to Kickstarters Accountability rules, project creaters are legally liable:
Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.
But I have my doubts that it would be feasible to legally enforce a refund e.g. So I would also consider it better to consider it a donation with potential benefits.
I have backed 5 projects so far, indlucding two who failed (Aimee and tortured hearts). KS currently seems to favor small projects by big names. I hope in time people will also consider giving newcomers more of a chance.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire