View Single Post

November 12th, 2012, 11:52
Originally Posted by Myrkrel View Post
Have you by any chance been to the TIGSource forums?
Unfortunatelly, yes They were great fans of this graphic style, which kind of made me assume others will love it too. Oh well, too late now, there is no choice for you to learn to like it too I guess

GBG, I wouldn't call mine lo-res but it is definitely oldskool 2D and turn based. The images are rendered - I did roughly 100 for the maze alone. Originally the walls were lo-res but I upgraded them to a long time ago.
Prerendered… I did it in the past, it was horror, that's why I switched to 3D. But since 3D nowadays is too detailed and makes it feel modern I had to counter it somehow and thought of using these big pixels. These big pixels distact people enough to not make them notice too perfect lighting
With prerendered it easier to achieve the old school feel, but still this horror… Do you have a script in 3DSmax to prerender all these?

I feel the same, but those are some really big pixels! I'd certainly be willing to try a demo, but I think the art might be distracting. Or who knows, maybe you get used to it after a while.
Strange, I thought that after Minecraft people would not find this kind of art style unusual…

Archibald

Watcher