View Single Post

November 12th, 2012, 18:21
I think a lot of rpg fans donated huge sums to other rpg's and are still trying to recover from that, I think if the developers of the QFG games(QFG series of rpg's is a personal favorite of mine, especially part 4 and 5 because they used voice actors in those two) had gotten in their 30 days of kickstarting for Hero-U before project eternity started theirs, I think they would have been able to do much better. I think a big reason they are having funding troubles is due to poor timing, being late to kickstarter when a lot of rpg fans already have too much debt(and angry spouses) from donating to other games. I also wonder if they'd aimed higher with significantly higher quality graphics if more people would have been willing to donate. I know of some who were turned off by the game due to it looking like it will have system requirements from a game from 10 or more years ago. I realize they are probably doing it with the lowest budget they think they can make the game for, and that's why it doesn't have high end graphics. If I remember correctly, they said to make a 3D Hero-U game with high quality graphics would cost them at least several million dollars, and they didn't think that would have been a realistic goal for them to set on kickstarter.

The Hulk

Watchdog