Thread: GTA 5 Thread
View Single Post

November 13th, 2012, 10:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Not a big fan of the GTA series in general, but I liked Vice City. I thought they really nailed the pseudo-Miami atmosphere, and the soundtrack is great.

I couldn't get into San Andreas because I hated the look of the player-character and the fact that you couldn't change it.

Purchased GTA IV + expansions during the Steam summer sales, but I haven't played it yet.
Vice City is, by far, my favorite GTA. Everything came together - and the whole 80s thing was just perfect. It was truly like stepping back into my childhood

San Andreas was better in terms of features and mechanics - but I just couldn't get into the "Da Hood" setting. I don't know - it just didn't appeal to me at all.

GTA4 was very pretty - but instead of expanding the freeroaming stuff, they chose to focus on linear storytelling and the pointless side activities for dates and stuff. Nice enough, but took too much time. They also focused WAY too much on trial and error mission design - which has been a fault of the series for a long time.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential