View Single Post

November 13th, 2012, 12:24
Now I finally have a new graphics card (since yesterday) : An ATO Radeon HD 7850 by Sapphire.

It doesn't come without a price, though : My favourite game, Drakensang 2, has an texture/somewhat error which made me already regret I had bought an ATI card, because I never had these issues with my former NVidia-based cards : The beard of the market place baggar now hangs in the midst of his face !

Since this is my *favourite* game, this is almost like an insult to me. I very much regret having bought this card now. If I decide to go into an restaurant, trying out my *favourite* meal there, and they manage to spoil it, you can be pretty sure that i won't visit it again.

If I had decided for an Nvidia-based card, i wouldn't have had these isssues
(Although i must admit that since a few years ago, The Wsterner (English : "Wanted") and Star Wars Republic Commando were unplayable for me on my NVidia card due to bad drivers. Really unplayable !)

Attached is one screenshot of my problem, and PLEASE DON'T TELL ME that I would go over this ! Because I know that i won't, no matter how hard you'd argue :

Edit : Attached a second screenshot illustrating my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bart_Radeon_HD_7850.jpg (267.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Beard_Radeon_HD_7850_Drakensang_2.jpg (213.4 KB, 33 views)

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; November 13th, 2012 at 13:32.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR